Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank You


IN HONOR OF THOSE BRAVE ENOUGH TO GIVE THEIR LIFE FOR MY FREEDOM AND TO THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO PROTECT ME AND THIS COUNTRY THAT I LOVE.


On this Veteran's Day, I would like to thank all of the brave men and women who are fighting to protect me and the great United States of America.
When I was younger, I never really understood the importance of Veteran's Day. When I was younger, it was just another one of "those" holidays. Now that I am a little older (and wiser, I might add), I truly understand and appreciate the sacrifice that these people had to make.
My brother has been in the National Guard now for a year and a half. About a month ago, he got his orders and will be deployed in March to Afghanistan for a year. I am so proud to have a brother that is willing to risk his life to protect me and my fellow Americans.
I feel so blessed to live in this beloved country. Sometimes I think we all take our freedom for granted. We have so many wonderful luxeries that most people feel they are entitled too, or feel that it is their "right" to have. I spent the entire summer without a job and without any money, and yet, I still had clothes to wear and food to eat. I whine about not being back in school this semester, but kids all around the world don't even have basic education.
I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN. And I am GRATEFUL for these SOLDIERS who FIGHT for my FREEDOM.


GOD BLESS AMERICA

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Amen, thanks Chelsee and happy veteran's day to you too!

Kateka said...

Amen, amen, amen.