Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bye Bye Brudda :(

Yesterday was a rough day. My brother, JD, and the rest of the 144th Area Support Medical Company, left for their year deployment to Afghanistan. I am scared out of my mind, but I could not be more proud of him and the work he is doing. I feel so honored to be the sister of a U.S. soldier who is fighting for our country and defending our freedom.
Here are a few pictures from the day...

JD and his unit in formation.
The 4 of us.
Me and Brudda
The family. And Aubree.
KSL was there doing a story of the soldiers leaving. Here is the link. If you watch closely, I am on the screen towards the end for about 2 seconds. My claim to fame. :)
Yesterday was also the ALL-STAR GIRLS BASKETBALL GAME. Cait rocked it. She had 2 3-point shots, along with the rest of her baskets, countless rebounds, and about 18 blocks. She is such a super star. Apart from the All-Star game, which put the North schools vs. South schools, she also made the Second All-State team, along with another girl from her team. I'm sad her high school basketball is over, but I have track for the rest of this year. And college basketball to look forward to next year! Way to go Cait!

5 comments:

Mike and Meg said...

You all look beautiful. I am so thankful for the men and woman who are willing to risk there life for all of ours. Thanks JD.

Carly said...

aw chels your so cute!

Kateka said...

Ah!! I saw you. I know someone (you) famous!! Woot woot.

Your brother rocks. So thankful for him and all the other soldiers out there!!

Annika said...

Oh wow. You ARE famous! That is so cool. You look darling in those pictures! :)

PS about your last post... HAHA! I loved your story. I laughed out loud. But good for you for getting out of your comfort zone!

Tazia said...

I had no idea that your brother was in the army, thank him so much for all he is doing for our country, that is amazing of him. Also, you are darling in those pictures.