Sunday, September 12, 2010

Old?

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 23. I know that is not old at all, but it feels SO old to me. I don't see myself as 23. In fact, I still really only feel 20 or 21. I have to remind myself that I am 23 years old. In 7 years, I will be 30. 7 years ago, I was turning 16. That was not that long ago. I don't even want to think about how fast the next 7 years is going to go.
As I look back on the last year, I can't believe all that has happened. This time last year I was seriously depressed because I wasn't able to go back to school that semester. I was pissed off at the world. Everything seemed to be going wrong. It had been a rough year for my family and I wasn't making things better. I know that I was hard to live with. I had no social life so I was home all the time. The only bright side was that I had a job and I could go to all of Caitlin's games.
Since January though, things have gotten SO much better. Here are some highlights:
-I am back in school and LOVING it! I never thought I would love Logan as much as I do. I never want to leave. I'm finishing up my last semester of school. I'm actually in denial about it. I'm not ready to graduate. I don't want to graduate. I don't want to leave Logan. I don't want to be a grown up yet.
-I had the BEST summer job. Seriously. TOP NOTCH. I was a counselor at a kid's sports camp. I LOVED IT. There was not a day this summer that I didn't want to go to work. I could not have asked for a better job or better coworkers. I was so sad when August came around and camp had to end.
Some of the cool people I worked with. We're at a pool party. We played organized games. That's what happens when you run a kids camp.
-The Tim McGraw concert. We got my momma tickets for Mother's Day. It was so much fun. And he is BEAUTIFUL in person.
-One of my very best friends from high school got married. Miss Rosemary. I am so happy for her and love her so so much!
Most of "the girls" at Rose's wedding luncheon.
-Trips to Reno, Bear Lake, St. George, and Idaho. I love travelling...and as far as weekend trips go, these were AWESOME. RENO!!!!!!!
St. George
Bear Lake #1
Bear Lake #2--COLD!!!!!
-Caitlin moved to Alaska. Not really a highlight but a large event of the summer. I miss her. SO much. I text her everyday. She is probably really sick of me.
-Best tan I've had in years.
-Lost some weight.
-Best school news: I literally live 2 minutes from campus. On GHETTO DARWIN. Underneath a dentist's office. And I love my roommates.
-And I am LOVING LIFE. I just feel really happy all the time. I love that feeling.
Who knew that one day I would be grateful for all the crap I had to go through last year?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!

5 comments:

Rachel Angela Clark said...

Happy Birthday girlie! I'm so glad you're doing so well!! :)

Carly said...

well good cuz your complaining was getting old ;)
happy birthday!

Kateka said...

Happy birthday girl! Isn't it weird to think about TIME (like how you were 16 seven years ago...) it seriously blows my brain to smithereens. ANYWAY, you are adorable. 23 was the first time I felt old too.

Sarah said...

Well happy day girl. I love people that love their birthday and don't try to keep it a secret. I will never forget my tin of tootsie pops!!

SydneG said...

That's my girl!