Wednesday, May 16, 2012

#ihaterunning

Notice the title of the post?  I think #hashtagging is cool.  I don't do it often because I don't want to be one of those people who hashtags everything.  Because that is not cool.  Ok.  Moving on.

See the other part of the title?  The "I hate running" part?  That's because I do.  My race was on Saturday.  I for real almost died.  It was fun to be able to run with my girls, but I hated every second of it.  The race was a relay, with each person running two legs ranging from 5.84 miles to 7.1 miles.  Thank goodness for Janae who was willing to run my other leg for me.  That means I was left with only a 6 mile leg to run.  She is champ and totally my hero.

I think I kinda psyched myself out for this run, because I felt like I was going to die 2 miles into the leg.  2 miles is nothing for me.  I do almost 3 on my easy days.  I think part of the problem is that I had no reference points.  I had no idea how far I had gone or how much further I had to go.  In my training, I know exactly how far I had gone, and I think that helped.  But during the race, I was going and I was thinking that I had run for like 45 minutes, but really I had only gone like 4 blocks - which is nothing.  It was frustrating.  And I was sloooow.  I was almost the slowest person to run the leg.  But I actually ended up being faster than I had originally thought I had done it in.  And you know what?  It's ok.  It is ok that I had to walk a significant distance.  It is ok that I almost cried when I thought it was never going to end.  You know why?  Because I did it.  If you could see how far I have come from a year ago, you would think it is ok too.  :)

Alright.  Here are some pictures.  So glad that I got to run this with Rose, Brit, Nat, and Janae.  You girls are the besssst!



These are our super sweet car decorations.  Yes.  I decorated a window specifically for myself.  Because I am that awesome.

All of us girlies before the race.

 My pre-race picture.

Coming in.  Don't let this picture fool you...I walked a significant amount and then ran the last little bit.  :)

With my sissy pants right after I got done running.

 About to cross the finish line! 

52 miles in 9 hours.  I would say that is a success.

 My medal!

Now I just gotta start preparing for the Dirty Dash....  AAAAAAAAH.






2 comments:

Amy said...

You look super skinny in those pics! You may have lost your toenails but it's doing wonders for your figure:)

Kateka said...

I agree with Amy, you look so good in these pictures. You may not agree with running but it totally agrees with you. And I agree, I hate running too... blah blah blah, something about it being a good workout... yadda yadda... and when friends are involved that always makes it more fun too. Congratulations on your relay!