Thursday, March 13, 2014

It's going down...I'm yelling TINDER!

You’ve all heard about my adventures in online dating.  No?  You haven’t?  Well read about some of my experiences here.  Lately, I have been doing Tinder.  Because…why not?  It’s free.  Here are some of my observations.

*It’s easier to be bold and “like” someone you normally wouldn't have the balls to talk to because it is anonymous unless you both say yes to each other. 
*There are a lot of mentions of the Oxford Comma.  I have yet to determine if they are referencing the serial comma or the song by Vampire Weekend.
*Seriously has every single guy had their picture taken with a tiger?!  Where are they finding these tigers?  Are the tigers sedated?  Where can I find a tiger?  So many questions.
*It is so easy to waste copious amounts of time on that stupid app.  Yes.  No.  Yes.  Yes.  HELL NO.  Right swipe.  Right swipe.  Left swipe.  Left swipe NOW.  Gahhhh I hope he never pops up of my Tinder again.  Oh hey, you’re pretty cute.  Not interested.  Not interested.  Not interested.  Etc.
*Confession:  I sometimes swipe left (no) to guys that I think are WAY too attractive for me.  Where did all of these gorgeous Greek Gods of men come from?  And why are you not shirtless on every billboard I see on my daily drive?
*I get bothered when guys don’t have any description of themselves.  Not one word.  Why?  Why not say a little something about yourself to make Tinder just a little less shallow and self-absorbed?
*Lots of guys are willing and wanting to lie about where you met.
*About 4 out of every 5 guys have at least one of the following pictures: skiing/snowboarding, snowmobiling, skydiving, hiking in Zions/Moab, mountain biking, or road biking. 
*I also get bothered when guys only have group pictures.  WHICH ONE ARE YOU?  Just take a damn selfie. 
*This also goes for people who only have car pictures, outdoorsy pictures, cartoon-type pictures, e-cards, etc. 
*There are a lot of guys who say that they will never initiate/start a conversation with a girl.  Why?  I have no problem messaging a guy first, but I almost always swipe left to these guys because I shouldn't have to do all the work.
*Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of guys are just looking for hookups.  I had 2 guys ask me on the very same day to come over to their house and makeout with them.  Tinder gives guys some serious cojones!  At least pretend to put some effort into it.  Most girls will gladly give some lip action for a free dinner.
*I really appreciate when a guy puts their height.  It makes things so much easier for me.
*I also appreciate if someone says they are or are not LDS.  Personal preference. 
*There are a lot of quotes.  Some from philosophers, some from movies, some song lyrics.  Most of them are the same.
*Sometimes I judge someone based on their name.  Yep.  I do.  And this isn't a race/ethnicity thing.  Most of the names are on white people.  I just don't like the name.
*I never realized how many service men are in my area!
*I always chuckle when I come across my Facebook friends.  Hey guys!
*KCCO.  I have never seen this more anywhere than I have on Tinder. 
*Sometimes you and your BFF chat with the same guy.  And then he Instagram stalks both of you and knows the connection and STILL tries to continue hitting on both of you.
*There are some really great beards and mustaches out there.
*I really have gone out with some nice fellas.  One was sweet and engaging and {kinda} funny, but there was just nothing there.  At all.  And I felt bad, but it is what it is.
*I do think that Tinder can work to facilitate REAL relationships.  I know a lot of people who met their very significant others on Tinder.

It's fun.  So what the hell?  Let's keep it up.  :)

No comments: