Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Random Thought Wednesday...Useless Trivia

Did you know...
-In Cleveland, Ohio, it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
-The average bed is home to more than 6 billion dust mites.
-Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.
-Your right lung takes in more air than your left one.
-In Iceland, tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult.
-Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
-During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food...the weight of 6 elephants.
-Maine is the toothpick capital of the world.
-Des Moines has the highest per capita Jello consumption in the U.S. (NOT UTAH! Wow!)
-Since 1896, the beginning of the modern Olympics, only Greece and Australia have participated in every games.

I'm full of this useless trivia...or I got it from the internet. Whatev.

3 comments:

Merinda said...

oh, I could definately say that I didn't want to know some of that stuff. Some of it really makes me sick. the dust mites, yuck, and if I was a dolphin, I think I would sleep with my eyes open too, 60,000 pounds of food, no wonder I am so fat. Des Moines must have alot of old people in it. Very interesting all the same.

Kateka said...

Um I've probably eaten 1 million pounds of food to date.

Sarah said...

WOW, didn't know you had it in you Chelsee. You make me laugh!