Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A-Z Blogging...A is for ADRENALINE

I like to blog, but I always have a problem finding things to blog about. So. I have decided to blog about something from every letter of the alphabet. I first thought about doing one a week...and then I realized it would take me 6 MONTHS to get through everything. Then I thought every day, and I'm not sure I have the motivation or dedication to that. So I am now thinking every other day...or whenever I get around to doing it.

A...ADRENALINE.
I know a lot of people who are adrenaline junkies...they will do anything for a thrill. I am the complete opposite. Don't get me wrong, I like the feeling that I get in the pit of my stomach when I go on a roller coaster, but that is about it. I am so afraid of heights, that I get that feeling when I am on the top floor of the mall.
Some people will even break the rules or the law to get that thrill. I have always always always been a rule follower...I HATE to get in trouble or even have the potential of getting in trouble. In high school, I never sluffed a class (except mayebe seminary). If I didn't want to go, I would call one of my parents and get permission. Or I got permission from my teacher.
I know that a lot of people think of me as a goody-goody...you know what I have to say? GOOD! I like being known as the one who is responsible and reliable, someone you can count on whenever you need a friend or a helping hand. I like knowing that if something sketchy happens, people won't suspect me because they know I am not one to do something like that.
So, for now, I will stick to roller coasters and walking close to the railing on the second floor of the mall.

2 comments:

Merinda said...

Yeah for you, I feel the same way. I am not a rule breaker and don't even like the threat of it. I have had one ticket in 25 years and was dumb for getting the first one. I am the worlds worst liar as well. So good for the honest people, like me and yourself.

Tazia said...

I'm right there with you. But the thing is that I can't get away with anything if I try, so I have stopped trying. The one time I sluffed I got caught, the one time I sped I got a ticket. So obviously breaking rules is not for me.