Wednesday, October 5, 2011

betrayal

monday after i posted the last post, i found out some more about the circumstances involving my being laid off. one of my coworkers, i'll call him d-bag, and i were friends from day one.  we got along really well and liked to joke around.  after about a month or so of working there, d-bag added me as a friend on facebook.  against my better judgement, i confirmed him.  i hesitated because facebook can be a pretty personal thing (and i have a hard time not voicing my opinions freely and openly), and i wasn't sure i wanted a coworker knowing that much about me.  but i did it anyway.  throughout the months, i kind of began to regret it.  he made fun of me for liking "big brother" and when i got my legs waxed.  still, it wasn't anything i should have been concerned about.
it was no secret at work that my boss and i did not get along.  in fact, d-bag was a source of comfort for me on days when i wanted to quit.  he let me know that everyone else in the office appreciated the job i was doing.  he also told me that every other person in the office felt the same way about the boss, that everyone had problems working for him.  after a particularly long day of being yelled at, i put on facebook that i wanted to look for a new job.  the next day, d-bag messaged me on our instant message system and asked me if i was ok and if i wanted to talk about it.  before i said anything, i asked him if it was just between the two of us and to please not say anything to anyone.  he said, and i quote "facebook stays on facebook".  so i told him that i didn't get paid enough money to deal with the stress of working with my boss, and that sometimes i felt like i was being taken advantage of.  
come to find out, he went to said boss, human resources, and every.other.employee telling them that i was running my mouth about not making enough money to sit around and do nothing all day.  and that is the reason why i lost my job.  not because "it is just not economical for the company" to keep me at my wage.  not because i had stopped performing my duties satisfactorily.  but because a person i thought was my friend, a person i trusted, dug into my life pretending to care and then twisted my words around.  i honestly have never felt more betrayed in my life.  a person i trusted, a person who pretended to be my friend completely stabbed me in the back.  
i know that this was my fault.  i should not have said anything.  but i honestly thought that i could trust this person.  we had been friends since i started.  but i guess that doesn't mean anything to some people.  i have learned my lesson, though, and will never. ever. ever. again make that mistake.  
ugh.  stupid people.

6 comments:

Kateka said...

This reminds me of my blog post about FRIENDS. It suuuuucks big time to have someone betray you, but at the same time you don't want those kind of toxic people in your life so it's good that it was done sooner rather than later.

AND

Karma is a bitch.

Kateka said...

HA! I just read your comment that you left on my blog (you can delete my comment from earlier since I cussed - BAD KATEKA, sorry about that). I love that we were commenting on each other's blogs at pretty much the exact same time.

Amy said...

That is terrible! What a weiner! How did you find out he did that??

Annika said...

d-bag sounds like a..... d-bag. :) ) i'm real sorry. that bites.

Katie said...

I got fired once. I was a manager. It was a horrrrrible experience. Then a few months later a girl I trained took my job as the manager and went to a training meeting with the other managers in the company (one of them was my best friend) and she got up in front of everyone and told them how she was so much better than me and all the things I'd done wrong. LOVELY! I was so so mad. At least from what you're saying you didn't love your job too much. I LOVED mine. It was still the BEST job I've ever had. (besides the temple).

You'll find another job! If you had your endowments you could take my job at the Oquirrh temple... they're hiring! haha but it's only 20 hrs a week.

Brett and Chelsea said...

If I could punch this "d-bag" in the face (all the way from CT) for you I would! I'm so sorry Chels!