Monday, October 3, 2011

there's a first time for everything.

ever been laid off before?  me either.  until friday, that is.  as i was locking the doors and getting ready to leave, my peach of a boss calls me into his office to tell me that "it just isn't economical" for the company to keep me at the wage they are paying me (oh?  the wage that isn't too far above minimum wage that i have been struggling to survive on for the past 5 months?  that wage?  ok.  cool).  so they are going back to a minimum wage employee that will be "strictly there to answer phones and greet guests".  the thing that pisses me off is that our firm is working on more projects now than when i started.  so clearly, it is not an economic situation.  it's not secret that i can't stand the man, and that i have had to go to the hr lady and the president of the company on more than one situation because of the way he has treated me.  so, if you don't like me because i won't take you treating me like an indentured servant, then own it!  don't hide behind some economical/financial bull shit excuse.  i have a degree in business.  i am not naive or stupid.  i know how things work.  do you wanna know what i don't think is "economical"?  paying him a laaaarge salary to have him sit at his desk and sleep.  i wish i was being paid to take a nap.  so now i have two weeks left of work and then i am back to this unemployed business.  i had an interview on friday for a job that i think i could really like, so i'm hoping that works out.  if not, i will go back to the search.  bummer.

wanna know what else bothers me about that whole "situation"?  he told me at 4:50 on friday afternoon (way to ruin a weekend, right?).  if he had told me the day before or even just a little earlier that day, i could have gone to the usu-byu football game.  i had an opportunity to go.  but i decided to stay and work.  maybe it is a good thing i couldn't go, because it was a heartbreaking game for my ags.  being an aggie fan is so stressful sometimes.

on a lighter note, didn't you just looooooooooooooooooooooove general conference?  i did.  like loved it a whole lot.  i am so proud to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, proud to be called a "mormon".  my favorite talk (and i don't have my notes with me so i don't remember who gave it) was the one that talked about "waiting on the Lord".  it seemed to be exactly what i needed to hear at that time.  waiting on the Lord means to hope and have faith in His timing.  that is what i am going to have to do a lot of in the coming days, weeks, months.  everything always seems better after spending two days listening to the apostles of the Lord and getting such inspiring revelation.  i love it.  can't wait for the conference edition of the ensign to come out!

i remember writing a couple months ago and saying how i was just waiting for that next crappy thing to come along.  looks like it has.  if anyone has any jobs they know about, pleeeeeeease let me know.  being unemployed is not good for my sanity.

until then.  peace.

2 comments:

Kylee & Russell Ahlberg said...

Oh Chelsee, I am SO sorry to hear about your job. That is never good news to hear and I'm sorry. Please let me know if you need anything. Good luck with your interview! Keep me updated.

Kateka said...

Oh honey. I've been in your shoes, and you are right it sucks big time. Especially because, like you, in my situation they totally gave me a lame cop-out lie/excuse as to why they were doing it instead of owning up to the real reasons. I am glad you were able to listen to conference this weekend (I am actually listening to it RIGHT NOW - well, it's on pause for a second, so tell me what talk you are talking about? Or like... what day it was given so I can look forward to it... I really need to hear that talk).

Good luck! I'll keep my ears out for you!