Thursday, October 20, 2011

missing.

i am feeling a wave of nostalgia as of late.  i just seem to be missing a lot of things, people, experiences.  life was so much simpler back when...(which reminds me a the tim mcgraw song "back when"...not my favorite, but fitting for today).  Here are some things i miss...

-my grandparents.  it has been 5 1/2 years since my grandma passed away, and 2 years since my grandpa passed.  i thought it would get easier with time, but i think i miss them more and more every day.
-utah state.  college life was so fun.
-not paying any bills.  being an adult sucks.
-summer.  i am missing summer earlier this year than usual.  usually i don't whine about wanting summer back until january.
-the era of the boy bands.  nsync, please come back to me!
-people of my past.  i know that i had to cut some of these people out of my life because they were toxic and always bringing me down, but i do miss them.  there was a reason we were friends once before, right?
-alllllllllll those super friends who don't live close to me (and the ones that do live close to me but i never get to see)..sucks growing up and growing apart.
-the fruity, zebra bubble gum.  i don't remember what it is called, but it was sure delicious!

on a happier note...i crossed off an item on my bucket list:  black eye.  yep.  i've always wanted a black eye.  all my years playing sports and getting elbows the face, i never got one.  then last week, i was playing volleyball and got rocked harrrrrrrrd when a very large man ran into me.  we were both going for the ball.  i wish someone would have got it on film.  i suspect it looked like something straight from a movie, all slow motiony and stuff.  it broke my nose, and i finallllllly got my black eye.  fortunately, i fixed the crookedness myself when i was blowing my nose in the church bathroom, so i didn't have to have a doctor rebreak it and then set it.  now it is still a little swollen and a little sore.  it hurts to blow my nose and i feel congested a lot.  but for the most part, it is good.  yay for broken nose!

i still don't have a job.  i didn't get the one i interviewed for.  bummer because it paid a lot.  oh well.  i feel like things will work out the way they are supposed to.  since i am getting unemployment and have some income coming in, i am focusing my time on finding the right job and not just any job.  it has been nice being able to sleep in and hang out with friends later than 10 pm.  but i do feel like i am going stir crazy.  i feel like i am not using my brain to it's full capability and that is bugging me.  sitting at home all day every day is not my idea of a good time.

ok.  that's all.  peace.  love.  rock and roll.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hey.... I got fired from a job that I LOVED loved loved. I worked in St. George. So I came home in March and got unemployment and I didn't find a job until July. That next job I found was at Cabelas. And wouldn't you know that because of my job at Cabelas I met Trent. Hmmmmmm.... life works in mysterious ways. My dad even told me that if I got a job at Cabelas I'd find my husband. He was totally kidding when he said it, but he was right. hahaha So... keep your head up and keep looking for the right job... you never know, maybe you'll meet Mr. Right in the process like I did! And I was 24 isn't that about how old you are?!?!

Caroline said...

haha fruit stripe gum was the name of that gum! it came with the tattoo paper. my little sister loved it!

Kateka said...

Hey good luck with your job hunt, don't you love unemployment?? Hahaha. I know I did!

And... somehow I was able to read that other post that you deleted. I hope everything is okay and that you are feeling better. I hate when I do something stupid (which happens multiple times a day). Live and learn, I suppose?