Wednesday, September 5, 2012

life. as i know it.

guys.  not too long ago, i played a lumberjack for the day.  and it was suuuuuper fun.  i wish i had put it on my 25 before 25 list.  i went up to my favorite mountains and chopped down trees for firewood.  i also got hit in the face by a tree.  ok.  i ran into a tree.  don't judge me.  sometimes it happens.
just lumberjacking deep in the mountains of idaho.  it was quite liberating to chop down dead trees.

and then i ran into a tree.  a live one.

speaking of 25...my birthday is in a week.  i turn 25.  and that is a weird.  i am half of half a century old.  is that a weird thought to anyone else but me?  i am proud of who i am and what i have accomplished, but there are a lot of times when i think i haven't done nearly enough in my life.  i wish that, by now, i would have had more experiences and done more things.  i want to experience MORE.  so that is my goal.  from this birthday on, i am going to have more experiences, do more things, be less afraid of those things that scare me.  i just want to do MORE.  so here i go.  you guys can hold me to it.  don't let me chicken out of anything.

as for my 25 before 25 list.  well, let's just say i had realllllly high hopes to get all of these done.  and i fell wayyyyy short.  i will do a full update next week, after the day comes.  but let's just say i have a week to cross off...ummm 13 or so things on my list.  oops.  :)

as for the other happenings in my life.  this has been a good summer.  i still love my job.  i went on a business trip to dallas a month ago.  that was definitely a new experience for me.  some really long days, but it was tons of fun.  i had never been to texas before.  humidity sucks.  i also never blogged about the dirty dash.  but just know - it was awesome.  i loved it.  and, in case you are wondering, i still hate running.  i had a small obsession with sno cones this summer.  i only went to get these delicious treats like...twice a week or something.  nothing too outrageous or anything.  i only got in a swimming pool once this whole summer.  that is a travesty.  but such is life when you work all day, every day.

i have some really good and exciting things coming up in my life, but i will just keep those to myself for now.  :)  ok.  now for a giant photo dump of summer pictures from my iphone.  in no particular order.
demolition derby night with the sissy pants and d-nile.

yep.  finally got the F*R*I*E*N*D*S complete series.  my life is so much happier now.

love this princess girl.

does that not look like the most perfect sno cone?  it was.  

my purchases from the other night.  this basically describes my life.

mama, sissy pants, and me getting pedicures.  good day.

one day this summer, i went on a bit of a shopping spree.  and it was so worth the money i spent.

oh fall.  the leaves are changing.  i love this time of year.

our business trip in dallas.  so much fun.

hi mommy!

lbd.  perfect.

lost my toenails after running my race.  embarrassing.

i really love this picture.

the happiest outfit of the summer.

yay life.  ok.  peace and love, y'all.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kateka said...

Yay for FRIENDS complete series! That seriously gave me butterflies - I have a mad obsession with Friends. And yay for shopping trip! Not a bad summer at all!