Monday, December 22, 2008

WELCOME HOME BRUDDA!

My brother, JD, has been gone with the Military since August...it is still weird to me that he is old enough to be allowed in! Weird. Lucky for us, he gets 2 weeks home for Christmas...I couldn't be happier! Oh how I have missed him! Friday, he flew in from Texas. His flight was supposed to land at 1:35...oh, don't you worry, he didn't get in until 7:30! We got to know that airport lobby really well. His plane circled the airport for 3 hours, before finally being diverted to Boise to refuel. At one point, we decided to leave and just come back when he was leaving Boise. Well, it took us 45 minutes to go 2 miles...no joke. The snow was INSANE! Obviously, we didn't make it very far. So we headed back and waited some more.This is Mason waiting patiently with the sign he made.


Finally his plane lands! I had those little butterflies in my stomach because I was so excited! When we finally saw him coming down the escalator, I started jumping up and down like I was 5. Of course, Mason is the first to see him.

Mason has missed his Uncle JD!
My momma couldn't stop crying...she was so happy!

Needless to say, it was super exciting and it has been so much fun having home! Oh...I forgot to mention that he has lost 108 POUNDS since he left! Can you even believe it?! I hardly recognized him! Way to go brudda...I am proud of you!

After JD's plane landed, my momma and I headed straight over to the Energy Solutions Arena for the Neil Diamond Concert. Ok...best thing ever! It is quite possible, that I was one of the youngest people there. Let me just say, old Neil Diamond fans are CRAZY. I have never seen so many middle aged men and women acting like complete fools...but it was so great! Although he did not sing my favorite song, I love love loved the concert! GO NEIL!

All in all, it has been a pretty great weekend! Oh ps...MERRY CHRISTMAS! Can you believe it is here already?! Have a great one!


1 comment:

Brett and Chelsea said...

It's always good to have the family home for Christmas! :) I hope you had a great Christmas. Love you!