Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blog Block

I always feel like I get writer's block when my life is in a good place (which it is right now). My words seem to flow so much more elegantly when I am angry and have to vent about something. You would think that it would be opposite--that I would have a lot to say when I'm content with the way things are. Clearly that is not the case. Whatevs.

Anyway. In case anyone is wondering, I am doing great. I have a job that I love and a boss that I hate. I loathe driving in traffic every single day, but I suppose that it is just something I have to deal with. I love being able to pay my bills without having to stress about money. I love that I can go to a movie and not feel guilty about it. I was dreading going to my singles ward after I moved home, but I surprisingly am having a ton of fun with it. I was just called to the Sports Committee, which is actually pretty awesome. I love sports and it is forcing me to get involved. Last night, I got nailed by a bat during a softball game. I have a pretty sweet bruise. Love me some war wounds.

The only bummer I foresee in my future is Cait moving again. I have looooooved having her home. She is the person I can be my absolute self with and she gives me the confidence to be the bold person I once was. On the plus side---NO MORE ALASKA!!!! That's right. She will now only be an hour and a half away instead of a day and a half. She'll be playing at CEU, down in Price. It also means that we will get to see her play! I can't wait!

Awhile ago, a friend of mine had a link to a blog of an awesome girl back East. This girl has been through a ton and I have really enjoyed reading about her struggles and accomplishments. It really puts my life into perspective when I have days that all I want to do is whine. She kinda rocks. Keep it up, girl! And good luck with your move to DC!

I wish I had something more exciting to say. But, alas, I do not. My life is kinda boring...but a content boring. I'm sure it means that something crappy is going to come up, just to keep me on my toes. Or to give me something to blog about. Welp...bring it on.

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Yes, Lions Lemonade is pretty freaking amazing. That girls got skill (the grammar in that sentence makes me cringe but I am leaving it). I remember whining once that my life was boring and then someone close to me had some drama spill onto them and I realized boring is good. Boring is very good and lucky and blessed... but you already knew that.

Kylee & Russell Ahlberg said...

So happy that things are going so well for you! You're amazing!